- Know where you stand. Before you begin do-it-yourself credit repair, you'll want to get copies of your full credit reports from all three bureaus (Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax). ...
- Dispute errors.
- Stop the bleeding.
- Pay all bills on time going forward.
- Pay down credit card balances.
- Don't apply for new credit.
Once you’ve fixed errors on your credit report, begun budgeting and paying off debts, be patient. It will take months or even a couple of years for your credit score to improve, but if you plan on buying a new home, it’s well worth it.
You can use cheap credit repair services or affordable credit repair services
The monthly cost for credit repair services is generally in the same area.
One of the best and cheapest services is Sky Blue Credit Repair, which charges $59/month. Lexington Law, another leader in the credit repair space, charges $59.95/month. ( Here’s a side-by-side comparison of Sky Blue and Lexington Law )
Another trusted credit repair site, CreditRepair.com , charges $89.95/month,but they also provide more features than the standard plans from Sky Blue and Lexington Law.
- Learn more about Sky Blue Credit Repair here or call (888) 534-1510 to talk to a live person. (Reader tip: Call between 9-5 M-F EST, press 2 at menu.)
- Learn more about Lexington Law here or call (844) 259-3376 to talk to a live person.
- Learn more about CreditRepair.com here or call (844) 764-9863 to talk to a live person.